In California, construction is one of the largest industries. In fact, the construction industry ranks third in the nation for accidental deaths. Our office, over the years, has the experience of handling the following complex construction site third party accidental death and/or serious injury cases:
- Digging a trench without adequate bracing which killed the worker in “cave-in”;
- Forklift (rollover) leg amputation;
- Crane scooper collapses on Plaintiff, crushing Plaintiff’s legs;
- Backing of truck loaded with asphalt on construction site without proper warning device, crushing and killing workers
- Nail gun accidents;
- Construction site falls (i.e. numerous cases where “no safety nets on lines” were provided to workers);
- Worker was injured by dangerous animal on the premises;
- Falling construction materials;
- Subcontractor or painters and workers deaths from suffocation due to inadequate ventilation by general contractor during construction projects;
- Crane fatalities:
- Contact with overhead power lines:
- Defective scaffolding components: and
- Burn cases.
Even though California has strong safety standards and regulations, many construction workers are forced to work in dangerous conditions and sustain serious injuries or wrongful deaths due to the employer, contractors, manufacturers and property owners actions.
Beyond Workers’ Comp
Many injured construction workers assume they are only able to receive workers’ compensation benefits for injuries on the job site. A careful analysis of the accident by an attorney experienced in construction injury claims may reveal other sources of financial compensation. If an employee of another subcontractor was responsible for the falling debris that injured you, we may pursue an injury claim against his or her employer, for example. A general contractor who failed to maintain a safe workplace may also be liable.
The Law Offices of Gary A Kessler have a long history of winning impressive results for construction injury victims and the family members of those who died a wrongful death due to construction accidents.
If you or a loved one is involved in a construction site accident:
- Insist that a governmental report is filed by Cal OSHA, police department, Sheriff’s Department, Fire Department, etc.;
- Photograph accident scene immediately;
- Shut up! Do not talk to anyone about the accident or your injuries other than your attorney or doctor, never to an insurance adjuster for the construction site or construction site investigator. Do not volunteer a statement to any insurance company. Sign absolutely nothing without consulting an experienced lawyer.
- Keep all receipts for all medical expenses and/or funeral bills and wage loss records.
- Seek prompt medical attention from the hospital and/or your own doctor.- Contact the Law Offices of Gary A Kessler an experienced law firm immediately to protect your rights and to preserve the evidence of the construction site accident!
Demand accountability from those responsible for the dangerous conditions of the construction site accidents. Many times the insurance companies will play “hardball” if you try to settle the case yourself or you have employed a lawyer who does not have the litigation experience to handle such a complex case. We at the Law Offices of Gary A Kessler have twenty-five years of litigation experience and know how to handle the insurance companies to your advantage. We are prepared to front all costs required for the necessary investigation and expert witnesses needed to prepare your case for trial.
The laws regarding construction accident cases are complex and include many facets of the law. It is vital to surviving family members to seek the advice of an experienced construction accident lawyer such as Gary A Kessler at the Law Offices of Gary A Kessler to protect your rights and those of your loved ones.
California construction accident attorney Gary A Kessler and the Law Offices of Gary A Kessler are compassionate and fully understand that you are attempting to cope with extreme serious injuries associated with a construction site accident. Such accidents can lead to catastrophic injuries or even death. The Law Offices of Gary A Kessler carefully selects its wrongful death and construction accident cases so that we may give you (the client) the substantial personal attention necessary to obtain a successful result for your case.
The Law Offices of Gary A Kessler is prepared to front all costs required for a thorough investigation and top expert witnesses to prepare for trial of your case. As in all construction accident and serious personal injury cases, we advance all legal costs to prepare and present our client’s claim, and receive for our services only a percentage of what we recover for our attorney fees on their behalf. Upon settlement our costs shall be reimbursed to us from the gross recovery. If there is no recovery, no attorneys fees or costs are owed to our firm. Contact the Law Offices of Gary A Kessler today so we can preserve the evidence and demand compensation and accountability from the responsible party!